Saturday, June 4, 2011

Alone Time

Bah. The last couple days were kinda tiring mentally and emotionally. Finally found time earlier today to go out on a hike. Same trail as last time, but I didn't go very long. It was pretty hot, a little over 90 degrees, so I was sweating up a storm. It felt nice to go out and have some time to myself though. It really cleared my head to be out on the trails with no noise pollution or anything. Thats one of the things I'm really looking forward to about the AT; This is going to be something big that I have done myself, and I will be alone (potentially) so if I grow, its because of my own reflection and experiences. I really just want to have a defining experience in my life, something that my kids and grandkids can be proud of me for, or at least want to tell the story. I've mentioned my AT intentions to a lot of people so I feel more obligated to stick with it as a matter of pride, haha. Kind of a dumb way to motivate yourself, but if my hamartia is pride then I'm going to use it to my advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment