Saturday, July 9, 2011

Laggin'!

I have not been hiking this last week or two. I had a friend visiting from out of town and we went on a short nature walk, but the majority of the week was a heat advisory, so it wasn't really a good idea to be out hiking much. This week I only had 2 days off (heaven forbid I actually have normal adult hours at a job!) and my brother is in town for a few weeks before leaving for Germany for a year. So, needless to say, I have alot of catching up to do this next week or so. The good news is that I'll be moving to my new apartment in two weeks, one room mate is a work out fanatic, and the other is an Eagle Scout, and we will leave within reasonable distance from Clinton Lake which has some neat trails I've been told. So things will be better soon. I just can't let myself get discouraged because I've fallen off the trend recently. Also, I forget if I mentioned this in my previous post, but I'm planning on backpacking in Yellowstone over spring break with one of my roommates and maybe two more friends. I've been talking to a lot of people to learn as much as I can. Trying to stay optimistic!

I'd really like to go on this hiking trip to Yellowstone. It'd be awesome because I've never been there before, and I'd be going with fun people and be learning a lot. My friends are being really supportive of my new found hobby, so that makes it really easy for me to keep going. Clinton Lake is close by, and has pretty extensive trails, so that will keep me busy. I felt like I was out growing the Governor's Mansion, anyway. Its such a small place and I've gone all over it as much as I can without getting bored of it.

The boots I got are working out great! They fit well and support my ankle the way I need. Its odd getting used to more bulky shoes since my everyday footwear is mostly moccasins and sandals. I felt like a total n00b a while back. I had been having some joint pain, been really tired and had headaches and had found a few ticks on me and automatically feared the worst. My mom's natural tendency to worry didn't help much either. We both jumped to the conclusion that I had Lyme Disease and I went and got blood drawn for a test...GOOD NEWS! No Lyme Disease for this girl!

All in all, I have been draggin' ass lately on getting out and hiking, so hopefully my schedule allows for more outdoor time this next couple days.

Clinton Lake North Shore Map

No comments:

Post a Comment